Saturday, November 12, 2011

Being all Fillosofikal.

So, a few things I've heard this week have resonated with me, and lead me to this general feeling of...well...peace.

Some were things that other people have said, and some were just things I realized on my own...

The 1st, is that I should stop worrying about what's going to happen in the future, because I'll know when I get there.

I had a small period for a few weeks where I was concerned with how others were perceiving me, because a couple of times my intentions were completely misunderstood, and I was stressing about how I could make people understand my intentions...but then I realized that I really have no control over how people think of me, and so it's probably their problem if they take things the wrong way - but then I had this internal struggle about weather or not that was really insensitive... A lot of stuff was swimming around in my little brain and confusing the hell out of me, so I've decided not to think about it anymore, and instead, to just be really conscious about sending out loads of love in the way that I know how regardless of weather or not other people know how to receive it...

...Which bought me to this conclusion that people put too many rules on 'how to love' and 'who to love' and 'how much should you show and how much should you self preserve'...and I decided that that's bullshit. Everyone deserves to love to their full capacity, without boundaries of who or how....which really helped me become more comfortable with the fact that I am really really crap at self preservation, and I generally wear my heart on my sleeve, and feel constantly vulnerable because of that...So you know what? If I feel love for someone/thing I'm just gonna let them know about it because in my humble opinion it can only really be a compliment to that person/thing, and if they are freaked out by it or uncomfortable or whatever, then it's their problem and they might need to go and do some work on their capability to receive love.

Hahaha. Anyway. Complex hippie love talk. But things make sense at the moment for me, and I'm feeling pretty good, and pretty comfortable just existing in the moment. Can I get a hight five? <3

2 comments:

  1. Lexi I'll bam that high five up to a thigh five!

    http://www.qwantz.com/index.php?comic=436

    Give love, be love! if others are freaked out then it's on them. Hopefully the example set will stay with them and will help them catalyze internal processes to bring down their walls.

    (= <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're fucken rad. Glad to have you in my life (even if only electronically at the moment), and I hear you on the loving front. That vulnerability is a huge strength and a gift that not everybody has - anyone who tells you otherwise is totally just scared of/jealous of it, or insecure about their own shit (like you said). Personally I'm working on my ability to appreciate deeply the awesomeness of the people I find myself surrounded by these days, and to show that in the best ways I can find. Appreciating people is underrated.

    So I'll say it again - you're amazing, and rad, and I'm sending love right back at you!

    ReplyDelete